Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank You God for Trash Cans


As my 3 year old daughter and I were taking a walk this morning, we decided to tell God thank you for the things we saw and thought about. It began with the obvious...flowers, trees, birds, dogs, various family members. Being trash day, empty trash cans were toppled over at the end of nearly every drive way. Seeing this my daughter exclaimed, "Thank you God for giving us trash cans that we can put our trash in when we are done and don't need it anymore." After my laughter subsided, it occurred to me that she had taught me something at that moment. When you are looking for reasons to be thankful you can find one even among the trash, the trash in life. Thank you God for showing me through the words of a 3 year old the meaning of being thankful in all circumstances.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Thank you Lord for the truth and simplicity that comes from the lips of little ones . . . and then the opportunity to learn from them. I'm so glad He got you back on here.

Shelly9633 said...

It's always good to look at the world through the eyes of a child, and so very true that we can always find something to be thankful for. I am reading a book by Stormie O'Martian called "The Prayer That Changes Everything", and she talks about the SIN of not being thankful. I have become very convicted about that lately.

Jill said...

great job in started back your blog!!!

Carla Jo said...

Wow - as I was reading your post, I saw this empty trash can ready to be filled with all the trash in our lives and the Trashman coming to empty it and make us clean. I have some stuff I'm ready for Him to come pick up! I'm done with it and I'm thankful, just like Cambry, for the empty can!

Jennifer said...

So true! The simplicity of the Truth is overlooked in the busyness of our lives sometimes, isn't it! Thanks for the reminder for me to sing praises and give thanks in all things and all circumstances!